At Central Christian Elementary, it is our goal to develop academically prepared students through a Christ-centered education and to help them develop a Biblical worldview. The Bible and the teachings of Jesus Christ are woven into the total educational program through grade level curriculum. Most, but not all, of our curriculum is from biblical worldview publishers. Our worldview carries throughout our music and art program, physical education, weekly chapels, service-learning projects, etc.
Teachers provide a nurturing environment for students while encouraging them toward our ultimate goal, the yielding of their lives to God and the development of a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Other things you might like to know about us:
Elementary chapels occur weekly and include praise and worship music followed by biblically-based teaching. This happens through guest speakers, skits, biblically-based lessons, PowerPoints, object lessons, etc.
Service Learning projects assist teachers in helping students develop an awareness and desire to serve others. Each class has chosen their own year-long service project based on 1 Peter 4:10, “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” Service learning projects combine the Bible’s commands, to think of others before ourselves and to serve one another, with learning objectives in our curriculum.
Music programs are always a delight and occur K-12 at Christmas time and then K-5 again in the spring.
At Central we like to have fun in other ways too! Some of our elementary celebrations include:
- Grandparents Day in September
- Grades 2-5 Family Math Night in October or November
- Operation Christmas Child in November
- Thanksgiving parties in November
- Kindergarten Wannabe Day in November
- Our Family Christmas meal in December
- Christmas parties in December
- K-2 Family Reading Night in January
- Kansas Day celebration in January
- K-1 100 Days of School Celebration in Jan./Feb.
- 4th Grade Wax Museum in February
- Valentines Day parties in February
- Dr. Seuss Celebration in March
- Kindergarten Exploration and First Grade Preview in March
- First Grade Circus in April
- Easter Parties in Mar./Apr.
- Awards Assembly at the end of the year
Because we value the parent/school partnership in each child’s education, we hold Parent/Teacher conferences twice a year, once in October and once in February. We do evening conferences as well as daytime conferences in order to accommodate our working families, but regular communication happens frequently during the school year as well.
We encourage you to come check us out. Just set up a time through the office and we'll look forward to seeing you.